Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do I really have to explain this one again?

I'm sure as pre-PA or PA students (or even practicing PAs) have had to explain what, exactly, is a PA to more family members, friends, and the general public than they can count.  Some days, I love explaining why I chose to become a mid-level provider, and how excited I am about having the flexibility that being a PA will provide, and all of the amazing contributions that PAs make to medicine.  Other days, I sometimes find myself rolling my eyes, and spitting back a cookie-cutter answer, or just feel carrying around a flier with the answers to everyone's questions ("No, I don't think it would be easier to just go to medical school;" "No, I am not selling myself short by being "just" a PA;" "Yes, we can prescribe medications, assistant in surgery, and treat our own patients;" "No, I cannot write you a prescription for vicodin;" etc....)

When I came across this video on Youtube, I found that someone (probably a frustrated PA student or PA-C) had already done just that, in a very humorous manner.  I think the monotone voices of the 2 characters make it even better.  All of my readers in the PA profession can probably relate very well to this video, and will laugh hysterically at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do I really have to explain this one again?

I'm sure as pre-PA or PA students (or even practicing PAs) have had to explain what, exactly, is a PA to more family members, friends, and the general public than they can count.  Some days, I love explaining why I chose to become a mid-level provider, and how excited I am about having the flexibility that being a PA will provide, and all of the amazing contributions that PAs make to medicine.  Other days, I sometimes find myself rolling my eyes, and spitting back a cookie-cutter answer, or just feel carrying around a flier with the answers to everyone's questions ("No, I don't think it would be easier to just go to medical school;" "No, I am not selling myself short by being "just" a PA;" "Yes, we can prescribe medications, assistant in surgery, and treat our own patients;" "No, I cannot write you a prescription for vicodin;" etc....)

When I came across this video on Youtube, I found that someone (probably a frustrated PA student or PA-C) had already done just that, in a very humorous manner.  I think the monotone voices of the 2 characters make it even better.  All of my readers in the PA profession can probably relate very well to this video, and will laugh hysterically at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment