Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 years of knowledge

Wow.  Tomorrow, I will take my written comprehensive exam, a 200-question, 4-hour exam that will assess my knowledge and processing skills on 2 years worth of material.  It's so strange, because when I think about where I was in June of 2010, essentially fresh out of college, and starting from square 1 of medical training, it seems almost silly that 2 years of hard-earned knowledge, sleepless nights, endless trips to coffee shops, PILES of notes (I can only imagine the amount of trees that are no longer living, having been sacrificed for 10 page handouts for every lecture, x2 years, x40 classmates) can be whittled down to just 200 questions, and 4 hours.  It's amazing to think that I will be practicing medicine in a year.  Wow.  Just, wow.  Where have the past 2 years gone?  When I started with my lab group in the cadaver lab in June 2010, 3 years seemed so long.  Now, I'm wondering where it has gone.  I can't believe my clinical rotations start in just a little over a month.  Looking forward to my amazing schedule ahead, and leaving the classroom behind.  But first, my comprehensive exam tomorrow morning.  I'll see you all on the other side of the dark cloud :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, man, Katie -- you posted this on the 19th!! Tell us how it went, already!

    ReplyDelete

Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 years of knowledge

Wow.  Tomorrow, I will take my written comprehensive exam, a 200-question, 4-hour exam that will assess my knowledge and processing skills on 2 years worth of material.  It's so strange, because when I think about where I was in June of 2010, essentially fresh out of college, and starting from square 1 of medical training, it seems almost silly that 2 years of hard-earned knowledge, sleepless nights, endless trips to coffee shops, PILES of notes (I can only imagine the amount of trees that are no longer living, having been sacrificed for 10 page handouts for every lecture, x2 years, x40 classmates) can be whittled down to just 200 questions, and 4 hours.  It's amazing to think that I will be practicing medicine in a year.  Wow.  Just, wow.  Where have the past 2 years gone?  When I started with my lab group in the cadaver lab in June 2010, 3 years seemed so long.  Now, I'm wondering where it has gone.  I can't believe my clinical rotations start in just a little over a month.  Looking forward to my amazing schedule ahead, and leaving the classroom behind.  But first, my comprehensive exam tomorrow morning.  I'll see you all on the other side of the dark cloud :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, man, Katie -- you posted this on the 19th!! Tell us how it went, already!

    ReplyDelete