Saturday, August 18, 2012

Learning and growth

2 more weeks have passed in Ob/Gyn, with 2 more full weeks left to go (plus next weekend on call).  I don't know when there has been a shorter amount of time where I have learned so much, and I am absolutely dreading August 31, when this rotation ends, and I have to say goodbye to this experience.  It has been phenomenal in terms of personal growth and learning, and finding the excitement that I had been lacking in my decisions to become a PA in recent months.  I had the opportunity to work with the other doctor in the practice, which was extremely beneficial.  I have become a much more confident provider and surgical assist because of my time spent with him.  I have learned countless procedures, refined my suturing techniques (which, being a lefty, provide some interesting, awkward challenges, when everyone else around the table sutures opposite the way I do; I learned some very handy tips to overcome some of the barriers in my way) and learned a ton about why things are done the way they are in Ob/Gyn. 

2 more weeks to go, and I hope many more amazing patient interactions, and much more learning awaits me in these 2 weeks.  I don't know that I've ever been truly sad that the end of a rotation is in sight, but this one for sure has me feeling blue to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Learning and growth

2 more weeks have passed in Ob/Gyn, with 2 more full weeks left to go (plus next weekend on call).  I don't know when there has been a shorter amount of time where I have learned so much, and I am absolutely dreading August 31, when this rotation ends, and I have to say goodbye to this experience.  It has been phenomenal in terms of personal growth and learning, and finding the excitement that I had been lacking in my decisions to become a PA in recent months.  I had the opportunity to work with the other doctor in the practice, which was extremely beneficial.  I have become a much more confident provider and surgical assist because of my time spent with him.  I have learned countless procedures, refined my suturing techniques (which, being a lefty, provide some interesting, awkward challenges, when everyone else around the table sutures opposite the way I do; I learned some very handy tips to overcome some of the barriers in my way) and learned a ton about why things are done the way they are in Ob/Gyn. 

2 more weeks to go, and I hope many more amazing patient interactions, and much more learning awaits me in these 2 weeks.  I don't know that I've ever been truly sad that the end of a rotation is in sight, but this one for sure has me feeling blue to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment